Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trick or Treat: Season Two

We all know there is only so much you can do with a 16 month old on Halloween. What some might NOT know is that there is plenty a 16 month old can do or say on Halloween. Last year Kori was about 4 months old so we dressed her up as a Bumble Bee and carried her to a few houses. Simple enough right? Not much to talk about here. What a difference a year makes. For the most part, she walked to 6 houses, grabbed her own candy (tricked her own treat), and screamed “DIE!” at the top of lungs to several neighborhood unknowns.

Back Story:
Kori has mastered the art of saying “hi” to just about anyone. If it’s NOT your kid, it’s probably annoying. That’s the level we’re on. With that said, she’s also trying other words such as hot (ot), shoe/sit (shat), ice (aye), etc. Well, her interpretation of sky sounds like die, and that’s exactly what she said most of the night. She was looking and pointing towards the “die” but it was dark out so who knows what others were thinking. Can you imagine though? I did. Picture skipping right along to that next house with you and your kids, and out of nowhere you hear a baby’s voice telling you to “DIE!” DIE!”
Haha! Guess you had to be there. I’ll tell you what though. Through the years, I’ve built up a pretty hilarious network of friends, but Kori gets the “Last Comic Standing” award. As most of you can say about your kids, they can make you laugh harder than you ever imagined. I don’t have many bad days, but when I do they only last til 6:30 p.m. or when I walk in the door after work. Whatever comes first.

Flash forward to the following Friday and you’ll get something just as a scary, a few hours out and about with dad. Believe it or not, I don’t get to take Kori too many places by myself. Stacey had a dentist appointment and I had to run errands. So I put my dad boots on and out the door we went. Yeah right? It took me longer to get out the house than it did to run errands. First off, know that I cannot put together any type of outfit that meets the “mom approval.” At first glance, I usually get a laugh and “that doesn’t go together.” If any existing or future dads read this blog, know that your margin for failure will be less if you go for comfort versus aiming to please. In case you were wondering what I went with…I went with a sure fire, can’t miss outfit that would succeed on all comfort levels: Cardinal hoodie, black leggings, fuzzy black boots, and a white bow. Boom! Let’s do this girl. Wait! I got to get the diapers, wipes, a snack, and bevy.

Next up:
Dry cleaners, gas station, the mall, photo booth, Disney store, Orange Julius, and play area. FACE!

“Sorry I fell asleep while you were describing the most boring party ever.”
~Phil Dunphy
 
 
Since the Halloween pictures were posted on the last blog here is what this past weekend was like for the Cowley Family
Just going to walmart with dad

Always a great time with dad's in charge

Pulling the grocery's out of the bag

Anxiously awaiting for the football game to start

Sunday Funday at the park

 

No comments:

Post a Comment