Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ouch! That's my face.

Hope we still have an audience out there. These blogs can really get
away from you. One day you're turning a blog into the boss (wife) about one
holiday and poof...the next is here already and you're defending
yourself against a table of old college buddies at Oktoberfest on why you haven't updated the story in awhile(wink).
Since I last reported on the wondering mind of our 15+ month old
daughter, we've ventured on a few excursions. One inparticular was the
Carmichael Pumpkin Patch which sems to be a must-do this time of year in
Tulsa. After seeing pics of Stacey and Kori's trip last year to some
random tent that specialized in carrying wart covered pumpkins, I
decided to interven.
I was pretty impressed with the patch to be honest. Great selection of
pumpkins in all sizes, reasonable prices, very photo friendly, petting
zoo (we decided to spare the animals on this occassion), hayrides,
homemade jelly, and plenty of good people watching.
Personally, it could be looked at as a wasted trip cause our pumpkin
masterpieces have already started to rot and Kori spent most of the
time trying to steal my knife, eat the pumpkin guts, and splatter the
pumpkin of Mr. Riggles as if it was his own head. One might look at this as a Halloween celebration gone terribly
wrong but what "classic" family stories end with everything in one
piece and no mess. Pick me!!! (Hand Raised) The correct answer is
none. Tell me a story about the most perfect family outing where
everyone gets along all day, nobody gets hurt, you're on time for
everything, and a frickin rainbow followed you around all day. Tell me
that story and I'll show you a liar. Ha. I love the challenge of
getting from A to B and all the Tom Foolery that comes with it. So
yeah, our pumpkin patch weekend wasn't filled with turtlenecks and
pumpkin cider but it was ours. And now, I have a story to tell. Thanks
Kori for being dangerously curious about all the things you shouldn't
touch and all the things you shouldn't eat. We probably watch too much
YouTube and act inappropriately in restaurants but we have a good time. If I can just get her to stop slapping me in the face, we'll be good. The other night she snuck up behind me while I was laying on the floor belly up watching TV and she brought the thunder clap down on my face with both hands. No joke...that frickin hurt, and just as I was convincing myself to NOT laugh she brought the encore. Note to self, don't laugh when you get club punched by your kid unless you want another one.

If you wanna fly I'm not gonna hold your feet to the ground, I'm gonna be the one to push you off the cliff.
~Phil Dunphy (Season 3)


                                          Get ready for our Halloween/Fall photo montage
1 of 2 trips to the pumpkin patch

I want this one!!!
Trying to force her to look at the camera is virtually impossible
Carving pumpkins
Our family of pumpkins
Second trip to the pumpkin patch
Why can't I pick it up?!?

Happy Halloween
Trick or Treating
Loves smelling flowers....and that blur is the little referee (Riggles)





No comments:

Post a Comment