Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sniffles and uh-ohs

Now that the family health status is back to normal, I believe it’s safe to blog. Unfortunately, the plague started with me and ended with my father in-law with Stacey running a close second. Hardest part about the whole thing was hearing the little one struggle. It was obvious the coughing was painful, and the breathing was far from effortless. Oddly enough, she was able to sleep through the night with cold/flu and diaper rash. How did we luck out there? To my credit, I installed a second bath into our daily routine for the sick days the included a vapor bubble bath/soak. To Stacey’s credit, she had it stocked and on hand I think before Kori was even born for this very occasion. I asked her the other day if there is EVER a time where she doesn’t think of EVERYTHING. The reaction on her face led me to believe she thought I was insulting her but the message was received. Anyways, we made it 7 months sick free with Kori. I know we are fortunate because a lot of parents can’t say the same. Let’s just hope it’s not the beginning to some trend. Although it was nice knowing we could remedy whatever Kori had, we’d rather NOT have to wear the hero cape.
Shortly after her symptoms come and gone, the little one was back to her exploratory ways of pinning Riggles to the ground, chasing cats, playing in the dog bowls, and CLIMBING STEPS. WHO IS THIS GIRL? The other night I was just following her around when she came to the big staircase. Any other time I would of picked her up and give her the ole 180, but I was feeling curious I guess. This tiny little thing climbed about 6 steps all by herself. I had her back in case she fell but she really didn’t even need me there. Scary but pretty impressive. Feel free to comment if this is normal for a 7 month old. Don’t get me wrong she’s not flawless. I’ve seen her take some pretty nasty spills and pull a chair on top of herself. Haha! I realize this probably sounds like we never watch her, but we all know it can happen in the matter of a blink.
Aside from all that, there isn’t a ton to share. Some new found pleasures are a ride in the golf cart, bubbles (can’t decide if I like them for her or she actually likes them), Julie Chin (Channel 2 Meteorologist), drinking from an actual water bottle, shoulder rides on her old man, and outlets. I know!

In nature, fathers are known to eat their young. Is it because they’re delicious? No. It’s because they want to give their female… bear, giraffe, what have you… the honeymoon they never had. Just to be clear: I don’t condone eating your kids, although I sure as heck know why giraffes do it.
~Phil Dunphy


We obviously don't have any sick pictures to go along with the post so I here are some recent fun pics

She has a new found love for the laundry basket....luckily those are clean clothes
 Playing in the snow
 Loving the cheese puffs....and pigtails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment