Sunday, December 5, 2010

Turkey Day for the Little Turkey

What a last couple of weeks we‘ve had! The Cowley family celebrated their Thanksgiving holiday two weekends ago (a week before the holiday) as we’ve done for the last few years to cut down on family conflicts and caloric intake. With every Thanksgiving in our family, come traditional Christmas rituals such as decorating the tree and opening a few “pre Christmas” gifts. Kori made her Christmas picture debut in a stunning red dress which would only serve as a slippery blanket at the photo shoot. The leather couch and floor mat could not provide enough friction to keep her from slipping, head butting her cousin Bailey, or both. Putting an 11 month old and a 4 and a half month old baby in a photo studio together is no easy task. Bailey would smile then Kori would frown and vice versa. It was a little frustrating to say the least especially when the “photographer” started asking us for ideas. Who me? I’m pretty sure we are paying you on this one. Well, we were able to capture a few good poses and get out of there before anyone got hurt!

To be honest, I felt like she slept most of the time while we were in town. Most importantly, my family got to see her before she started getting too big, and I got to see our niece take a few baby steps. I’m sure she’ll be jogging by the time she turns 1 on December 30th. For those of you who did a double take at the date of her birthday, I thank you. Yes, we share the same birthday. My day of birth has officially disintegrated. Don’t feel bad because I’ve trained my mind, body, and soul to NOT age. Unfortunately, our pleasant St. Louis weekend was capped off with an ill wife and poopy baby. I’ll spare you the details. Let’s just say I earned my stripes that dayJ

As for last week, we celebrated Thanksgiving with the Blanchard’s at the Lake House where days are spent grazing, fishing, napping, and watching football…sometimes all at once. It’s always a great place to get away, and it definitely serves its purpose. For me, the lake house is the perfect venue to catch up with the little one. Kori is a lot of fun everyday, but Friday was an exception. Specifically…I can’t put my finger on it, but I thought she was the funniest person in the world screaming at the top of her lungs just for the fun of it and she made me feel the same with my shenanigans. During the week, I sprint from work to highchair to get her meal started and if I am lucky that is followed by naked time (bath time) then it’s off to bed. I appreciate the days I get to do it all. The holiday weekend was capped off with a very special day, Kori’s baptism, at Asbury United Methodist Church. If you were at the wedding, you should be familiar with the church. She did so good and looked so cute. I’m really glad it turned out the way it did. Of course, I wish more friends and family could attend, but it was short notice and I know we’re not next door.

Since we last blogged, Kori has mastered the art of screaming and/or talking. We aren’t crawling just yet but she can get that butt up and her legs underneath. It won‘t be too much longer till she is able to move across the room without having to roll everywhere she wants to go. That’s all I got for now folks!


 Hopefully these pics don't ruin our Christmas card but here is a sneak peak from our photo session



              We're all squinting here but I thought I had a nice scenery (not the one we chose for the card)

Kori's baptism....not the greatest picture but the only one we got with the whole Blanchard family


By now you should assume everywhere we go is a studio for Kori pictures as you will see following xo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom, Stacey, and Kori,
    Merry Christmas to your darling family! Love all the pictures - everyone is perfect!!
    Hope to see you when we come to visit Michael in January - we can celebrate both Tom's and Michael's birthday :):) with dinner!!
    Happy holiday hugs - much love from St. Louis,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete