Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa's Baby

Cowley’s are coming at ‘cha quick with the blogs this holiday season. Don’t be overwhelmed, but we thought y’all would like to know how Kori’s first Santa experience went. Well, I tell ya. It went exactly the way Stacey and I predicted, emotionless or as I like to refer to it as the “lazy face.” As parents, some might say that we aced it because Kori was the only kid that we saw while we were there that didn't cry or get scared. She beat out kids were probably 3 and 4 so that may change in a few years or she is just one fearless little girl.  Thanks to my 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off) we were able to get to the mall late afternoon to an empty line. We snapped some photos, bought a picture package, and off we went to the next errand on the list. Thanks again for the pictures, Grandma and Grandpa Blanchard. Money well spent! I don’t have many “Mall Santa” experiences to compare to, but Woodland Hills Mall did a great job recruiting. I wasn’t expecting real facial hair and a great attitude, but that’s what we got. Earlier that day, I shared with Stacey that I wouldn’t be surprised if Kori tugged on some hair and ruined Christmas for the other kids standing around watching.  Ruining 10 other kids Christmases before she's even experienced her 1st would be quit an accomplishment (a very tragic one of course). 

Special shout out to Hines (Megan Gaines) for making the trip to Salsaville (for those of you who don't know, that is Mike's version of Tulsa) this past weekend. It’s always special when a member of the ole West & Maple crew gets together. Aside from Cheddar’s, Petsmart, and Babies ‘R’ Us, She almost stumbled upon something monumental. I’m probably jumping the gun but I feel like Kori ALMOST crawled on Saturday. So close, I sprinted for the video camera. The butt was up, the legs were locked and loaded, the grunts were in full force, and the arms were fully extended. The journey would have been short lived I am sure, but it’s so fun to watch her try. We’ll have to see if we can post the video of her rolling over from awhile back, her determination is pretty incredible. By the way, did you know that Petsmart has a Santa there for Christmas pet pics? Yeah, it happened!

So I’ll sign off now since we hit you guys hard with the last blog. Kori’s gifts are signed, sealed, and delivered. My wallet hurts so good. Roll film xo


2 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think Santa or Kori really wanted to do this...look at his sorry look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, You are so funny! I love your bogs.. SO good to see you guys and cant wait to come back again. Love that girl! well both of your girls! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete