Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Uh oh! Where’s Cooper?!

I know I’ve been slacking big time. It feels like every time I start a new blog something or someone needs my attention or the Doppler radar turns green, red, and yellow. Not going to lie, the last few weeks have been a little stressful with all the watches and warnings but the Cowleys are safe. Thanks to everyone that checked in on us. Hope all my St. Louis folks and family survived their tornados. Keep praying for the people of Moore and Oklahoma City. I can’t imagine what they went through and the road that lies ahead.

Beyond the weather, we have a lot to report. Last time we chatted, Kori enrolled herself into potty training and our 20 pounder started crawling. Well, Cooper seems to be progressing while Kori is at a stand still. Little man is into EVERYTHING. At his age, that probably won’t come as a shock to anyone but Bubba impresses me everyday with how much ground he can cover. Daily and nightly, all the drawers are open (the ones that aren’t child locked), toys are all out, there’s a sea of pots, pans, and Tupperware in the kitchen, toilet paper trails from the bathroom to the other end of the house, water is running in bath tubs, kitchen chairs pushed up against all the walls, and all the door stoppers have been removed. On good nights, Stacey and I can catch him before he decides to help himself to some dog food. Getting the cutest little personality on him though. Love that laugh…gets me every time.

On to Kori…

We can’t put her in the low maintenance category but she can entertain herself for the most part. As I mentioned before, potty training has become more of a weapon for Kori than a luxury for mom and dad. She only “has” to use the potty when we are trying to give her a bath or put her to bed. Here’s the scary thing. Kori has added the art of negotiation to her list of most marketable skills. My favorite is her attempt to convince me that she can do something or have something cause “mommy said it was ok” when I clearly heard mommy say no. I’m sure she’ll only get better at playing the game. Love our weird conversations together. She has a different favorite animal, color, and number everyday. But she’s been counting to twenty for awhile now and she’s a baller at the ABCs.

They’re both so cute and awesome. As exhausting as they can be, I couldn’t have asked for two better kiddos. Interesting thing about the two of them, at this age, is that they look exactly like I thought they would before Stacey and I had them both. Anyone else feel that way?

In the midst of all the kiddy stuff, Stacey and I will occasionally get to say hi to each other, share a glass of wine, or have a conversation without interruption. It’ll be 5 years for us in October. We’ve seen and done a lot during that time and I can’t wait to see what happens the next 5 years.

Great seeing the whole family over Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for making the trip to Grande Lake. Wish I could share the kids with you all more, but that next trip isn’t far away. Kids turn 1 and 3 in July.


 Since it's been so long since we've posted, get ready for picture overload

Best Friends

Kori being cheesy and Cooper being "Bubba"

Silly boys

Learning to fish

1st of many TPing adventures

Becoming quit the little gymnast

This girl LOVES cookies

Working hard







Fun times at the lake







Sharing a cupcake

Memorial Day

Cousin time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment