Saturday, June 18, 2011

'Tis the season…

It has come to my attention that I haven’t blogged since May 6th and I am several entries behind so I hope all of you are extremely curious about the story of Kori. Since Easter, we’ve spent a few weekends at the lake, attended the Schmuhl/Walker wedding in Oklahoma City, road tripped to St. Louis for numerous events (Grad party, Williams Wedding, Grandma Cowley’s birthday, etc.), and set voyage to Florida for a week to terrorize Disney World and the Blanchard/Cromer wedding.
So…
Coming to you live from THE FIRST CHANCE I GOT SO BACK OFF, WIFEJ
Our time at the lake is a great break from reality. Kori has become quite fond of the boat, the golf cart, the water, and the unlimited attention. Most of the weekends play out the same but that’s the best part. Chores and obligations are almost non existent and the house there allows your mind to know that’s perfectly fine to NOT do anything. It’s such a reliable and peaceful get away. I can’t thank Dick and Barb enough for allowing Stacey, Kori, and I to visit so frequently.
Year to date, Kori has been to 4 weddings already and half of them have already been out of state. She was quite the handful at the Schmul/Walker wedding. With Stacey standing in as a bridesmaid, let’s just say I was ready for a drink when the ceremony was over. “Excuse me barkeep! Can I get a beer and uh…apple juice?” If you’re partial to the occasional rub down or hair tug, you’ll want to sit in the row directly in front of Kori and I. “No worries, ma’am. The orange cheese puff residue clashes well with that whole thing you have going on. Hahaha…Tide pen?” More importantly, the Schmul/Walker Wedding was beautiful and pretty hilarious. The speeches by the wedding party were very entertaining even with Chardonnay soaked slacks and a sticky baby. Seriously though, I’m not complaining. I think it’s fun to share. Thanks to Josh and Karen for letting us be a part of your special day. Your family seems like a lot of fun.
Roll pics! Don’t go far because I have few more to catch up on.

   Schmuhl/Walker Wedding.....Kori obviously wasn't in the mood for pictures

                                        Mother's Day Weekend at the Lake



“I'm cool dad, that's my thang. I'm hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face.”
~Phil Dunphy

No comments:

Post a Comment